TL Darby are a family run independent dealership located in Burton upon Trent, Staffordshire and we are looking to add to our very well established and tightly knit team.
As a Car Valet Team Leader, you will be a key part of the everyday smooth running of our valeting within The Prep Centre in Burton on Trent. By leading and managing the contracted valeting team, you will be responsible for ensuring all cars are photographed for advertising and also fully prepared when required. The general cleanliness and maintenance of the site will also be your responsibility. We are looking for someone, with a “hands -on – attitude”, who can also work as a supervisor.
Supporting both The Sales and After Sales Managers, in making sure that deliveries and collections are made successfully, you’ll help us run the show! The ideal candidate will be highly organised, thrive within a dynamic, fast-paced environment and have the flexibility to work additional hours at busy times. A great work ethic and attitude are essential.
Role, Day to Day Duties Include
• Working with the The Sales and After Sales Managers to keep everything running smoothly.
• Liaising with internal and external organisations.
• You will ensure the vehicles on the used car pitch/showroom and demonstrators are cleaned prepared, photographed and presented to the highest standards, in pristine condition. Any faults (minor or major) should be picked up on prior to the vehicle being handed over.
• Organising daily deliveries and collections as efficiently as possible Consistently achieving daily volume targets.
• Managing valeting product levels - ensuring ample stock at all times, without being overstocked.
• Cleaning vehicles externally with correct products, using a high powered jet washer.
• Cleaning inside of a vehicle with correct products.
• Hoovering the vehicle inside.
• Polishing and buffering bodywork.
• Applying paint protection.
• Continuously developing your knowledge of the latest valet product application/removal techniques.
• Ensuring valet bays are kept tidy and that staff follow health and safety regulations.
• Using correct PPE and complying with Covid 19 risk assessments.
• Carry out other duties within the competencies of the post which may be directed from time to time.
Skills and Qualifications:
• The applicant must have a full UK driving licence with no more than 3 penalty points.
• Experience of vehicle valeting.
• High levels of organisation and attention to detail.
• A professional approach with excellent communication skills.
• Self motivated individual with strong ability to work on self initiative, as well as work effectively in a team.
• The ability to motivate staff to reach and exceed targets.
• Ability to work flexible hours, including in the evenings and weekends.
• Possess strong stamina and fitness to be able to stand on feet for long.
• Ability to work outdoors in all weather.
• Strong ability to work with various equipment, some of which are heavy to move around.
• Understanding of the importance of excellent customer service.
• Proficient IT skills.
• Punctual, with excellent time management.
What We Offer
• 20 days holiday plus bank holidays.
• Work Place Pension Scheme.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a family run business and if you feel you have the skills, aptitude and attitude to be our Car Valet Team Leader, then please email your CV by clicking here.
Please note that if you have not been contacted within 7 days of submitting your application form, your application for this position will have been unsuccessful. Thank you for the interest shown in this vacancy.