TL Darby are currently recruiting for an experienced driver to provide and orchestrate vehicle transportation movements for our busy sales and aftersales departments. First and foremost, you will be responsible for keeping TL Darby vehicles moving locally from site to site and back.
Our drivers maintain high standards of professionalism and integrity at all times. They work closely as a team and communicate with work colleagues and clients in a calm, patient, manner. Hard working and highly motivated, they are very adept and resourceful in being able to deliver unsurpassed customer service.
We have a fantastic opportunity available and are looking for motivated and committed individual to join our team. If you are a skilled, competent driver who enjoys being on the road, apply now!
You will be expected to live within a reasonable commute of the Burton upon Trent area.
• Responsible to The Logistics Manager.
• Observe all company policies and procedures.
• Adhere strictly to the Company’s Covid 19 protocols.
• Drive safely and ensure that all guidelines and regulations on health and safety and road traffic regulations are followed when transporting and collecting vehicles between TL Darby site locations.
• Inspect vehicles prior to leaving site and on collection and maintain accurate records at all times when releasing or receiving vehicles.
• Ensure that all vehicle faults, such as a broken light, cracked windscreen or bald tyres are reported immediately.
• Ensure any vehicle incidents, infringements and near misses are reported in line with company policies or procedures.
• Notify/liaise with your line manager to maintain interior, exterior cleanliness and road worthiness of vehicles.
• Ensure all vehicles are sufficiently re-fueled.
• Use expertise, professionalism and unsurpassed customer service skills when delivering vehicles to customer homes, work premises, auctions or other dealerships.
• Be an outstanding ambassador for the company by aspiring to the highest standards of professionalism at all times, in all aspects of the role.
• Act as liaison between the client and the dealership.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Must have a Full Uk Driving Licence, with a clean driving record.
• Familiarity with GPS devices with Knowledge of area roads and neighbourhoods.
• The ability to drive a Pickup Truck and Tow Trailer for customer delivery would be an advantage.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Basic maintenance knowledge.
• Physical fitness and strength.
• Efficiency and time-management, with an ability to work on your own initiative.
• Problem-solving and detail-oriented skills.
• A polite and professional disposition.
This is an excellent opportunity to show us that you have an enviable and proven track record of performance.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please e-mail your CV by clicking here.
Please note that if you have not been contacted within 7 days of submitting your application form, your application for this position will have been unsuccessful. Thank you for the interest shown in this vacancy.